The Altar Server’s Ministry is a unique one in the Catholic Church. Other than priests and deacons, no one else is allowed to so closely play a part in the preparation of the Eucharist. A person’s participation as an Altar Server is special. When one serves the priests and deacons, they serve the people of God, and above all, they serve Christ.
GUIDELINES FOR BECOMING AN ALTAR SERVER
- The families of school-age servers must be registered parishioners of Our Lady of Fatima Parish. Adult Altar Servers must also be parishioners of Our Lady of Fatima Parish.
- School-age servers must have received First Holy Communion.
- Altar Servers must actively practice the Catholic Faith and should go to Communion and Reconciliation regularly.
- School-age servers should be currently participating in a program of Faith Formation, either through the Parish Religious Education Program, through attendance at a Catholic school, or through structured home study.
- Training for new servers is conducted periodically throughout the year. Watch for announcements in the bulletin.